Beyer DT108 How to adjust boom arm swing?

mac

I've had a good Google, and a quick search of Blue Room, but not yet manged

to find the answer to the "How do I get it apart?" question for the Beyer DT108s I've got.

I want to see if I can tweak the swing of boom arm to suit a right-eared operator. At present it's got 180 degree swing starting from over the headband. But it only comes down the front of the head if you're wearing the muff on the left ear.

I have managed to find an exploded diagram of the DT108 (www.canford.co.uk somewhere)

but it's got no hints of how to get the boom apart (non destructively).

Anyone offer any hints?

Mac

I've had a good Google, and a quick search of Blue Room, but not yet manged

to find the answer to the "How do I get it apart?" question for the Beyer DT108s I've got.

I want to see if I can tweak the swing of boom arm to suit a right-eared operator. At present it's got 180 degree swing starting from over the headband. But it only comes down the front of the head if you're wearing the muff on the left ear.

Anyone offer any hints?

Mac

Boy there are a lot of Macs here. :D I don't have one in front of me, but IIRC there should be a small slot in the cover of the hinge point. You use this slot to pry off the cover with a small screwdriver. You should be able to reset the stops so that the boom works from the right, but not the left. You can also break off the stop so the boom swings all the way under.

Mac

Boy there are a lot of Macs here. :P I don't have one in front of me, but IIRC there should be a small slot in the cover of the hinge point. You use this slot to pry off the cover with a small screwdriver. You should be able to reset the stops so that the boom works from the right, but not the left. You can also break off the stop so the boom swings all the way under.

Mac

Huge thanks.

Exactly as described.

I had slightly suspected that the way in was through that small slot, and your message gave me the confidence to have another go. All sorted now.

(although, to be absolutley picky, I think one should also change the main muff housing from an 'L' to an 'R' so the loop of mic-cable has less chance of fouling ther end of the headband when adjusted for smaller heads).

But anyway. I'm now one happy chappie.

Mac

Archived