Cable for replacing a follow spot cable…

SceneMaster

Hi,

What is a suitable cable for replacing a followspot cable in a cct sil followspot as in the short (2-3m) cable which goes from the lamp house to the fixture plug? (obviously heat resistive) I have searched, I presume it is the same sort you would replace a regular fixtures cable with? Any suggestions on type and more importantly where can I get hold of it quickly (this coming weekend).

Thanks,

Which version of the CCT Sil spot is it? Is it discharge (CSI weren't they?) or a halogen based lamp? Ages since I've used a Sil spot but this might help others fully answer your question.

Stu

Guest Lighting4Free

Hi,

basically if you can get really thick and heat resistant cable that Will be perfect don't worry if it is not the colour black.

BDC do very good cable

Alex

1.5mm/sq silicon based HT cable should be fine then, all the good dealers will be able to help.

Stu

PS. As an aside, Scenemaster, it's worth remembering in future to post everything you know about the product in question as it helps get the correct answer quicker - simple things like what lamp it takes etc can make a difference to the answer. HTH! :band:

Stage Electrics definetly do it, I should know having only just bought 10m of it from them.

Order code is CABH1.5, £1.50 a meter+VAT.

Stu

Sorry my bad… I had dismissed the rubber cable section as just ordinary TRS not the HT silicon cable. Silly question I know but does silicon cable count as rubber cable?

Archived