Oh No, Not Again !

Guest lightnix

Guest lightnix

Mac500 is right, I'm told that it was indeed the wind and that there was no time to strike the canvas.

They're not kidding when they call Chicago "The Windy City".

I did a gig this weeken, and the stage arrived and it was a blow up one (!) and it looked like a bouncy castle turned upside down and then painted to resemble

an overgrown punch and judy tent. mind you we got some good effects with the macs...the inside was white.

Anyway, we left the site on thursday night... the usual north eastern rain ! and someone decided that we'd better shut the flaps at the back of tis thing (the stage) to stop the rain soaking through everything on stage.

When we arrived on friday the stage (not including the decking) had shifted about two / three foot and started dragging stuff with it... we were wuite lucky we got there when we did ... I suppose... could have been quite nasty!

Guest lightnix

And there goes another...

"On... 9th August in Nebraska at the Godstock festival just minutes after the rock band Pillar had finished its set and left the stage, a freak 70 mph gust of wind hit the festival destroying the main stage and blowing equipment, scaffolding and lights backward off the stage and into nearby power lines. Fortunately the lines, which hit a couple of stagehands, were not live due to a fuse blowing some five miles away. It is estimated that just minutes earlier the stage was crowded with about 40 people yet no one was seriously hurt."

Taken from this page on the PSA website.

why are there far fewer reported similar problems in the uk networks?

-possibly from the US of A being a ridiculously large place with long wind runs all over?

bad luck sparky steve. have you got any way to post an image of the stage on here as I just can't imagine a bouncy castle being a stage (yet).

cheers

andrew clunie

Archived