Denon MD error b2

Light Console

Greetings from a very wet Menorca, ;)

I have two Denon DN M2000R Minidisc players. Both of which occationally chucked up the error "Error b2" and stopped playing the disc. RTFMing told me it was a system error, but only hinted at the fact there would be some numbers after the error. It did not tell me what the error is. That was two months ago, last night one of the players decided to stop dead during a cabaret´s opening number. "Error b2" was proudly displayed. Switching on and off does not shift the error. When a disc is inserted it tries to read it, and makes "searching" noises but ends up displaying the error message.

I have shown the hotel manager the problem, and he is going to get the supplier to come and repair them. (I am not allowed to pop the covers off to have a look myself.) So I am sure it will get fixed but was wondering if anybody had heard of it before. I ran a lens cleaner thru the player once a fortnight.

Right, I´m off to mop the flood backstage now...

Greetings from a very wet Menorca, :o

I have two Denon DN M2000R Minidisc players. Both of which occationally chucked up the error "Error b2" and stopped playing the disc. RTFMing told me it was a system error, but only hinted at the fact there would be some numbers after the error. It did not tell me what the error is. That was two months ago, last night one of the players decided to stop dead during a cabaret´s opening number. "Error b2" was proudly displayed. Switching on and off does not shift the error. When a disc is inserted it tries to read it, and makes "searching" noises but ends up displaying the error message.

I have shown the hotel manager the problem, and he is going to get the supplier to come and repair them. (I am not allowed to pop the covers off to have a look myself.) So I am sure it will get fixed but was wondering if anybody had heard of it before. I ran a lens cleaner thru the player once a fortnight.

Right, I´m off to mop the flood backstage now...

I thnk it means you need a new one I had this sent it away a couple of times for repair but it will just happen more frequently over time. Sorry!

Archived