Recipes

armaros

Hi all, just wondering have anyone got any recipes for fake blood and whiskey.

Thanks all Martin

For whisky I have always used cold tea. If made fresh daily it is drinkable.

(But then I'm from Edinburgh; You'll need someone Irish to advise on whiskey.)

For blood we've only ever used artificial blood from the prop shop/joke shop. Do you need a large quantity?

I've found cola concentrate (like you would use in a Soda Stream fizzy drink maker thing) good for golden/brown spirits. Of course if you can get hold of burnt sugar from a friendly chemist (you'll be lucky) that's great. You only need to use it sparingly, so it lasts forever.

There are fake blood recipes involving golden syrup and food colouring that are good, I'm sure you'll find something if you Google. Just liaise with wardrobe to ensure you're not going to stain any costumes....

Phil

Just liaise with wardrobe to ensure you're not going to stain any costumes....   

Phil 

Try a sample of your blood on a bit of fabric first.

Using liquid soap as a base helps with getting the stuff out but can produce bubbly blood in some situations.

If it gets on washable costumes get them in water as soon as they come off stage so that it does not dry.

If it gets on none washable costumes change your name, leave the country and become a monk.

For any kind of drink, start with a suitable base cordial (e.g. apple), mixed to normal strength. Using food colourings, mix to the colour you require - compare with the real thing if you are really worried about getting it right. That way, the 'drink' is palatble to the turn who has to drink it.

Just to be safe, make sure that the turn is not diabetic!

I've always used burnt sugar solution for drinks in varying strengths. Lime cordial for white wine, red colour and burnt sugar for red.

Blood can be made using swarfega and Boots own brand red food colouring with a little water. The swarfega thickens it up and helps wash it out afterwards. ALWAYS test on scrap material first. You don't want to get on the wrong side of the wardrobe department!

Just did a new Australian work called the pickled lilly project which was in a small church that sat 40 people. We used bucketloads of tea to 'pickle' household objects. We used UBER strong tea - about 10 teabags a littre. Then this strong tea was coloured slightly, then diluted into a series of weaker teas. We ended up with quite a range of colours, including one which looked remarkably like port. Tis a useful thing, tea.

Burnt sugar for the whisky (or whiskey) : buy from Loveridge in Southampton- 023 8022 8411. A 500ml bottle will last for ages, you only need a few drops for a full bottle of whisky.

Fake blood - buy from Flints 020 7703 9786 - it's able to be used "internally, externally and its washable" - so it says!

Guest lightnix

These subjects have been covered before...

Stage Blood recipes

Cleaning off stage blood

Burnt sugar (for whiskey and other brown drinks).

Moderation - once again: please use the Search function before posting a new topic, to see if your question has already been answered.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/lightnix/thread_closed_prohibition.jpg

Archived