vga - video

lxkev

Just set up a nice pc, radeon graphics card, good projector, 30meters of coaxial, and a grand hand view 2 vga to video convertor.

The output from the scan convertor is blured if I take it of the pc s-video out its better but still poor quality..........

Please help me sort this.

Try taking your pc down top 480 x 640 and see how it looks then, and compare your scan converter resolution to your pc resolution. Ie PC, graphics card and scan converter need to be working on same resolution of inage. It may not work, but this has been a cause of many of my similar problems in the past.

The scan converter you mentioned is almost certainly not up to pushing the signal down that length of cable.  You may need to get hold of a beefier converter or simply a VGA splitter with a separate power supply.

Blurred implies some form of HF attenuation which is unlikley to be caused by the source being "not up to pushing the signal down that length of cable" Check the attenuation of the cable being used at 5Mhz.

I doubt that there is any significant attenuation over such a short length of cable though.

Check that you are getting whites at 0.7v on your scope, check the attenuation using a LF - HF test pattern or just look at the burst.

Compare the results over 30m of cable and with doing it at source.

If the pictures still look crap at source then you have a crap scan converter or it is not configured correctly.

If your cable is attenuating HF badly then replace it with PSF 1/5 If you can't replace it then get a VDA and tweak the EQ to compensate.

James

Archived