Music Stands Wanted

davemuir

Off the top of my head, I'd have thought schools would be a good bet, especially while they're on holiday (Provided there's someone there to answer the phone, of course - Handy tip: Never rely on leaving a voicemail message at a school outside of term-time). And in case you don't have much dealings with schools, they don't have caretakers any more - just a Premises Manager assisted by "Keepers".

HTH

I remember a tv show about an all girl swing band set in the 40's - I imagine they sourced their stuff from one of the big prop hire places like Superhire, for a bigger list look in the White Book or theatre directory. There is a website called www.propascene.com which has a facility to search by period - how good the links are I don't know - I've not really used it apart from to browse. It might be worth trying Jim Laws Lighting - he may have supplied fixtures on productions that also featured musicians, and know which company supplied music stands. Hope this helps.

Archived