Community v's HK Audio

Rich

I'm looking for a couple of new speakers, and I'm torn between the HK Audio Premium series PR-115X's, and Community's MPV-15HO's.

The speakers will be used on their own for small discos, speech reinforcement conference style jobs, and will double up as stage monitors for my bigger rig. The HK's have the advantage of having a sloped side for monitoring and a top hat for mounting, but how will they compare to the Community tops?

Which are the better speakers for the afore mentioned applications?

Also is it worth paying the extra for the new premium series HK's?

Thanks for your help. Rich

I would go for the HK's

they are more powerful, lighter than the community speaker. the HK is a little bit more money but like I said - more power and lighter.

the Hk's look to be multi functional so you could use them as monitors if the need arose. dunno if the (community speakers have that option)

can't comment on the noise they make as I have not heard them! but if I were to have to choose between the two I would Go for the HK. based on the info provided on the website links.

cheers,

Si,

Go for the HK...

I have a few in my rental kit, and I've tried the Community, and HK is a BIG step up in quality...

No hesitation, it's worth the extra cash, for sound quality and for durability...

Archived