Spectra Connect Fluorescent Tubes

JulianS

A lighting designer has requested that we use these fittings made in Austria. Besides the huge price and the difficulty of using a 220v fitting in a 100v part of the planet I was wanting some feedback from anyone who might have used them.

There are none in the North Americas. Are there any users with favourable comments ?

many thanks

I don't know what sort of effect your after, but from what I know of them you could create very similar effects with a Pulsar Chromabank. I guess they wouldn't be as diffuse though.

There are a few companies making similar things that colour mix with groups of three fluorescents, but I'm not sure there's anything thats a: dimmable or b: as small and compact as the Spectra ones.

I can't remember for definite, but I think it was Coemar who had a stand at ABTT which looked like a nightclub chillout zone. This had lots of LED based "tubes" which were creating patterns and suchlike. Can anyone correct me on the company?

Archived