Handy Hoists

Troutie

Looking to replace several Handy Hoists (Hand operated worm geared lifting device. Have several on a fly floor that I am concerned about. Ie Mechanical failure, not guarded, unauthorized staff gaining access to the fly floor etc etc.

Just in case I cannot get them changed on the above has anyone had a handy hoist fail or problems with them & if so can you recommend anyone who may still service them or have parts etc.

Thanks

bad news is that open gear winches - the No 1, being very common - won't get you through a safety check by a dilligent local authority officer. We are having them replaced at the moment. see this link to a thread mentioning them.

link

The firm replacing them tell me they have never come accross one that has failed, despite most having rarely been services. Mind you, the weight of them suggests they are rather well made. We've just taken all the old ones for scrap. There are still two more that we've run out of time to replace - they'll be done after september - if you want them, they're yours!

rust comes free.

Looking to replace several Handy Hoists (Hand operated worm geared lifting device. Have several on a fly floor that I am concerned about. Ie Mechanical failure, not guarded, unauthorized staff gaining access to the fly floor etc etc.

Just in case I cannot get them changed on the above has anyone had a handy hoist fail or problems with them & if so can you recommend anyone who may still service them or have parts etc.

Thanks

We are based in Wirral, we have a full range of Hand Winches- let me have your details and I will e mail a catalogue, pleased also to come and have a look

REgards John Jones @LTM

johnjonjes@liftturnmove.co.uk

Archived