cleaning gauze

anf1y

I am a member of a local amateur dramatics group and have, by default, ended up with the task of scenery painting. A "kind" member has purchased a second-hand gauze for our use, and I am being pressured to use it in the Xmas panto. I haven't a clue what to do, but have spent a lot of time searching this site for info (many thanks to all contributors!!!) However, I can find no reference to cleaning a gauze, but I would have thought just painting over the current scene would clog up the holes?

If I can't overpaint, and can't clean it off, I will have to somehow incorporate the existing very nice bridge into the panto or try to find an excuse not to use the gift...

Any suggestions/help would be gratefully received.

painting new gauze with a sprayer works fine - trouble is diluted paint doesn't cover old paint very well. My experience is that you can overspray gauze to a darker colour. If you have to go lighter, then more coats or less dilution is required - both of which clog the damn holes up!

Thanks for the info.

I will have to think of a dark background that covers a bridge! It would probably have been easier to start from scratch... Stand well back while I use a sprayer for the first time.

Anthea

Archived