Guilfest 2005

Mr.Si

Ok guys and gals - apart from USSU Guilford's stage crew doing stages 2 & 3, anyone know much about what went down with regards to the technical arrangements for the BBC Radio 2 sponsored event in Stoke Park?

How did it go on all the stages?

Who was involved?

what sound / lighting / power / staging gear etc was used?

Ok guys and gals - apart from USSU Guilford's stage crew doing stages 2 & 3, anyone know much about what went down with regards to the technical arrangements for the BBC Radio 2 sponsored event in Stoke Park?

How did it go on all the stages?

Who was involved?

what sound / lighting / power / staging gear etc was used?

main stage and rock cave sound and light was done by Entec

power was Powerline

cant remember main staging companies name. stage 2 was Jigsaw

it was good

I think main stage was supplied by Serious Stages (www.stages.co.uk) in Somerset. Certainly, the guys doing it were from Shepton Mallet, and they orbit was of the type of construction that Serious use.

Minor nit-pick: stage 3 was SUSU (Southampton), not USSU. Although it didn't say that anywhere: USSU and SUSU usually share kit and people, which leads to some confusion :P.

I was there on the Saturday (I live just down the road). and it all seemed pretty well done (the fact that I am/was a student at Southampton has no bearing on the situation whatsoever :rolleyes: - seriously I didn't see any bands on their stage anyway). Lots of D&B kit and Midases for some reason.

The main stage sound seemed rather harsh on the treble, but it seems I've been saying that a lot these days...

of course, it would depend who you were speaking with as to which numbers each of the stages were represented by.

The Uncut Stage, was nearly always referred to all weekend as Stage 2, and things were pretty uncomplicated in that department, and as mentioned above, full technical support, was provided by USSU.

As for the other two stages discussed - the LiveClub Stages: The Andertons Stage and the Surrey Advertiser Stage , took on different numberings depending on which day it was, and who you were speaking with at the time. They began life as 3A and 3B respectively, but migrated to being known to some as Stages 4 and 5 ( or possible 5 and 6) by the end of the weekend, were both provided by USSU, but the higher numbered stage in each counting system, i.e. the Surrey Advertiser Stage had most of the sound system and help from a few of the soton lads (SUSU).

Archived