Expanding to to Dante

Graham LXAV

Hello all,

At my venue I have an Allen & Heath GLD-80 operating purely through the AR2412, plus a couple AR84 expanders.  I am looking into the possibility of expanding the console to operate through a digital audio processing network system such as QSC or Dante.

I know that the console has a slot for a Dante card or similar, however having learnt that the console is also a legacy product I am unsure if current cards will work or if there are still cards for this model out in the world.

If anyone has any advice on this topic I would greatly appreciate it.

On 4/15/2024 at 12:05 PM, richard_cooper said:

Well Thomann have the Correct card in stock. What are you trying to achieve by going Dante?

I have a few achievements in mind:

1) Allowing for I/O connection of a Mac Mini running Q-Lab, minimising analogue ports being used

2) Having a DSP between console and amplifiers, again to minimise the number of analogue ports being used

3) Having all venue audio systems combined - Stage & Auditorium, FOH PA, Backstage PA and Show Relay, Digital Messaging System

On 4/19/2024 at 3:30 PM, Graham LXAV said:

I have a few achievements in mind:

1) Allowing for I/O connection of a Mac Mini running Q-Lab, minimising analogue ports being used

2) Having a DSP between console and amplifiers, again to minimise the number of analogue ports being used

3) Having all venue audio systems combined - Stage & Auditorium, FOH PA, Backstage PA and Show Relay, Digital Messaging System

This is all doable but will require quite a lot more kit than just the card. My primary advise would be to do Levels 1 & 2 and maybe 3 of the Dante Certification Program to properly understand what you'll be getting yourself into. It's a free online training course.