.SHOW File Type

Gilb

Hi All. 

I have recently been sent a .SHOW file from someone and they couldn't remember what Playback / Cueing software they used. This has audio files in if that helps...

Anybody come across this before / know what software it was created on?

Thanks 

Edited by Gilb
Spelling mistake

Thanks Gerry I had done a google search & tried using Hancom (Korean Version of word) and no luck. 

I'm still convinced there is an obscure playback or cueing software I dont know... found out the original tech was Swiss and it was sent to a colleague in a Gz zip.

I will keep digging if anyone comes up with anything help will be appreciated. 

No, Linux Show Player's show-files use the extension .lsp, and are json-formatted text.

Three questions come to mind:

1. What is it that the "someone" that gave you the file expect you to do with it, and do you trust the "someone" enough to be confident that the file is safe to interact with?
  2. Is it possible to ask the "original tech" what program they used, or what type of machine it ran on (Windows, macOS, Linux, iPad)? (Or get someone or the "someone" to ask for you.)
  3. When you say it "has audio files in", do you mean that the .SHOW file acts an archive and contains the audio files within itself, or merely references to media files that are held external to the .SHOW file?
  • Upvote 1