Budget Headset mics - Thomann/CPC / other?

TomHoward

I'm working my way round various suppliers of these over the years.  I have used the Micronic ones referred to above and they are OK but the cable clip mounts for the wire and securing the boom to the headset come off and get lost very easily (usually end up getting replaced with tape although it is just about possible to get a Hellerman sleeve onto the headset to secure the boom connector with some determination and a sleeve stretcher).  They also aren't very size-adjustable and I'm not convinced on the sound quality but they are reasonable value.  I don't generally have issue with the detatchable cable connector.

I am now trialling some headsets from Ultra Light and Sound (linky) - they have a metal fitment for the boom and seem quite robust.  Still need to get a final view on sound quality though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Back here again... I'm looking for an omni headset mic (for Sennheiser, so 3.5mm jack) for an actor of colour. All I can find today are beige. I can't find any in brown on eBay/CPC/Thomann. Ideally £50 or less per piece. I only need a couple for now, but having note of a reliable supplier of such would be good.

@cedd You mention a similar need above, have you found a new supplier?

Thanks all...

Edited by kgallen

22 hours ago, kgallen said:

@cedd You mention a similar need above, have you found a new supplier?

Not in that price bracket. I've been buying the Microphone Madness ones from the US now for a while, and they have a few different colour options. 

I opt for the colour-your-own method on cheaper headsets. Theatre Sound Group have sets of markers, which you can then lock in with clear nail varnish. Alternatively humbrol paints are an option too. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...