Soundweb London Architect - questions

ABB125

(Note: I'm fully aware that London Architect has been replaced by Audio Architect.)

The venue where I work has two rooms controlled by Soundweb processors (a BLU-80 and BLU-100). The two systems are not networked, but they do have a mono XLR link between them in either direction (ie: each room is completely separate from the other, apart from the XLR links). Each room has a BLU-3 wall switch.

I've recently been trying to work out how the system in each room is configured. However, I've come across a few issues:

• The BLU-3 switches don't appear to be available in Audio Architect, hence I'm using London Architect (if they are available, please let me know!)
  • There is essentially zero information that I can find about how to use London Architect - everything online appears to be about Audio Architect instead. My entire understanding of how the software works basically comes from looking the file I extracted from the BLU-80 (yes, I do have a copy of the original, etc)
  • I can't work out how the BLU-3 is linked to the BLU-80 in the software, and how to "program" its functions - any help would be appreciated
  • I can't seem to connect to the BLU-100. The software detects that it's connected, but it is "unreachable". I also tried using Audio Architect, and again got nowhere. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks very much for any help!

• Upvote 1

The BLU-3 is a simple analogue controller with no digital design elements - it is connected to the logic ports on the back of the processor - and is fully compatible with both the London Architect and Audio Architect versions of the software. Connections are shown in the BLU-3 installation manual - https://bssaudio.com/en/product_documents/blu3_igpdf - showing it as having two logic outputs, one for level and one for source, and a ground reference.

Audio Architect gives details on how to configure the "control port" connections in the help file (accessed from the question mark in the far top right of the window) in the Workflow > Soundweb London Mode > Control Inputs and following sections. There is an equivalent set of pages in the London Architect help files, starting at External Control Options > Soundweb London Control Options.

Basically the BLU-3 will give you control over a slider and a source selector, I can't remember the exact details of how to link them in either version as the logic ports are just a bit weird in their configuration, but it is possible to do this on both versions.

Finally, if you can see, but not connect to a BLU device, it normally means it's on a different network IP range. The NetSetter application which comes with Audio Architect is pretty good at finding devices on the physical network, even when the actual software (London / Audio) can't connect to the device. If NetSetter can find it, then you can get it's current IP and then set your computer to the same range, which should then allow the design software to talk to the box.

7 hours ago, dosxuk said:

The BLU-3 is a simple analogue controller with no digital design elements - it is connected to the logic ports on the back of the processor - and is fully compatible with both the London Architect and Audio Architect versions of the software. Connections are shown in the BLU-3 installation manual - https://bssaudio.com/en/product_documents/blu3_igpdf - showing it as having two logic outputs, one for level and one for source, and a ground reference.

Audio Architect gives details on how to configure the "control port" connections in the help file (accessed from the question mark in the far top right of the window) in the Workflow > Soundweb London Mode > Control Inputs and following sections. There is an equivalent set of pages in the London Architect help files, starting at External Control Options > Soundweb London Control Options.

Basically the BLU-3 will give you control over a slider and a source selector, I can't remember the exact details of how to link them in either version as the logic ports are just a bit weird in their configuration, but it is possible to do this on both versions.

Finally, if you can see, but not connect to a BLU device, it normally means it's on a different network IP range. The NetSetter application which comes with Audio Architect is pretty good at finding devices on the physical network, even when the actual software (London / Audio) can't connect to the device. If NetSetter can find it, then you can get it's current IP and then set your computer to the same range, which should then allow the design software to talk to the box.

Thanks very much! I'll try this when I'm next at the venue with a laptop.