Multiple Live feed Video Cameras

tazy7

Hi guys and gals,

I'm atm a roadie for a mobile dj and we have had a request to do some video feed work for a gig in november. What is needed is a camera to be mounted onto our rigging to take a live feed from the dance floor and to take footage from guests at the wedding reception for the new couple.

I know that the video from the guests will not need the audio on the evening but will be needed for a possible end dvd, the live feed footage from the dance floor is really the fall back position footage when im cueing up the footage from the guests. The computer that will be needed to be used is going to be a pc not mac.

What I need to know is how would you go about this and what equipment would u use. The cameras will all have firewire connections, im either going to use domestic cameras or look at hiring out 2 pd-150s as they will be better in lower light conditions.

Thank you very much for any help

One point about firewire. On cameras, they are not designed for feeding live video. In fact, Sony warn people that on their broadcast cameras, the colour is likely to flash and be unstable. The y/c and composite video will feed other devices live - the firewire may well be iffy.

Archived