Affordable video console

Bad_Rock

Hi I'm a very good rookie in the Vj business and now we started buying projectors to use them in clubs and small venues.

We'd like to upgrade our service by providing some mix between each musical video and the images taken by a camera on the dancefloor for example.

Sadly we are just starting and we need to buy something as cheap as possible and as decent and reliable as possible at the same time.

I appreciate advice on this matter.

Thanks.

Hi I'm a very good rookie in the Vj business and now we started buying projectors to use them in clubs and small venues.

We'd like to upgrade our service by providing some mix between each musical video and the images taken by a camera on the dancefloor for example.

Sadly we are just starting and we need to buy something as cheap as possible and as decent and reliable as possible at the same time.

I appreciate advice on this matter.

Thanks.

I take it by "Camera" you mean video, not photo?

I have seen fairly basic vision mixers (second hand) for AU$40.

A lot depends on how many inputs - the one I saw for AU$40 I purchased for my old school from a garage sale and took four inputs, and although no one else knew how to use it to it's full extend, they could still do the basics with it - cross fade between clips etc. The unit did take up a lot of space though - needed a minimum of 2 screens at the desk, and had a single output. Came in three separate modules, and wiring the thing together was a pain in the rear end. It's reliabilty was okay, however it was better as an editing suite than a live vision mixer, but it did work.

I have used some Panasonic MX mixers (MX50 and another one, can't remember which one!) and its really not bad for how much you can pick them up for second hand. Try having a search on google and ebay for one. Its even more handy if you get one of the effects keyboards that you can attach.

Sam

** laughs out loud **. Neither none of them hehehe.

South america dude!  :D

Regards

Not being difficult but if you had your location written in your profile it would be easier for some of us to give you some help.

Particularly with relation to things like video, are you in an NTSC or a PAL country for example?

James

Archived