Transporting set from London to Edinburgh

12 hours ago, mark_h said:

Are you planning to discard the set after the Fringe?

Disposal costs would need to be considered

It's a good point. 

The OP could consider talking to someone like https://resetscenery.myturn.com/library/ They're Glasgow-based but might consider an Edinburgh run, especially if they have other Fringe jobs. 

I doubt this would be a way to recoup the purchase cost of the set, but might defray the disposal costs. 

It also begs the question…. Has this set been cleared with the venue you’re performing in as there are very few fringe venues that have enough backstage, on the same level, not a fire exit, floor space that big for ALL their productions, let alone just one. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

To answer some of the questions posed in the course of this

thread.

On 5/23/2023 at 11:13 PM, mark_h said:

Are you planning to discard the set after the Fringe?

Disposal costs would need to be considered- public/household bins are not appropriate, council-run tips are require proof of residency if using hired vans.

• No, we're not. The set will need to return back after Fringe. The show will be touring it later on. The pods disassemble for this reason.
On 5/24/2023 at 6:58 PM, ImagineerTom said:

It also begs the question…. Has this set been cleared with the venue you’re performing in as there are very few fringe venues that have enough backstage, on the same level, not a fire exit, floor space that big for ALL their productions, let alone just one. 

• Yes it's been cleared with the venue, they're aware of what we're bringing, and the stage is plenty big enough (we're performing at one of the larger Pleasance spaces). Although, we will need to lug whatever we end up bringing up a few flights of stairs.

I think I've got something arranged with a local to me events hire company who will have an empty Sprinter on the weekend we're traveling up to Edinburgh who might be willing to help out, but will probably still keep looking into some of the other options that have been mentioned here.