Anemometer for Outdoor Stages

MixingWizard

Hello all,

I'm looking at picking up a new anemometer for our outdoors jobs. We usually use the wireless "weather station" type ones but they have a tenancy to disintegrate. I'm struggling to find a simple one that is compact, easy to rig and ideally battery powered.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks,

MixingWizard

ive had a scarlet tech anemometer for our outdoor stage structure for several years and it's been bullet proof. Completely wireless, it uses a lithium battery in the transmitter which easily lasts a whole season ( usually at least 20 weekends hire) and the receivers have a range of at least 400 metres and will run for several days on a couple of AA's

I ordered directly from them in Taiwan and it turned up very quickly. much much neater than the weather station type things.

scarlet-tech.com

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

also looking at the Navi - quick questions for anyone who has one:

• whats the connection distance between the sensor & phone when using just the sensor & phone ie no hub / range extender? The specs say upto 100m but they connect via bluetooth to the phone/s?  

Cheers