Martin 2510 pc issues

KevinE

I've just ran the 'download to 2510' program from Martin to load a 2510 with 20 sequences. No problem there.

I've saved it as a .b25 file in the default Martin folder on my C drive, it appears in the file list in the martin program and I can use it and it works. 

However I want to save a backup in my 'D' drive which is my files store. But, I can't navigate to it in W10 File Explorer. It does not appear. 

It is there in my 'recently used' section, and I can right-click and 'copy' it, but when I try to 'paste' it in my D-drive, I get an error 'file not found'.

It also won't appear in a windows search.

Is there a work-around or is it just an older file that (yet again) W10 can't cope with?

Edited by KevinE

14 hours ago, KevinE said:

However I want to save a backup in my 'D' drive which is my files store. But, I can't navigate to it in W10 File Explorer. It does not appear. 

It is there in my 'recently used' section, and I can right-click and 'copy' it, but when I try to 'paste' it in my D-drive, I get an error 'file not found'.

It also won't appear in a windows search.

Is there a work-around or is it just an older file that (yet again) W10 can't cope with?

Regardless of the file format - Windows 10 should still show the file even though it doesn't understand the format i.e. it does the same with .TGA files for me too, it won't show previews in explorer but still creates useable files. This might suggest that there's something else wrong that's causing your Drive D to not appear - Windows 10 can be very flaky about drives it believes to be damaged - it will use them but moan like hell about it, I suspect this creates the sort of problem you're seeing.

If you can use your Drive D outside of the Martin program - try creating a folder on the drive for your saved files & create a shortcut or drag it to it on your Windows desktop then try a copy/paste in to that folder. Having created a 'link' to a new folder, Windows might be fooled into behaving properly.

Windows also gets erratic when updates are pending installation - I don't know why but it does - one of my machines, it turns off networking for some updates when it's waiting for them to install 🤔  Thank goodness Zero use linux as the base for ZerOS  - I hate to think how flaky Windows 10 IoT might get.