4-channel 1U amps

Stuart91

On 10/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, Stuart91 said:

I take the point about fakes, I'm not a fan of the practice and some on the Sinbosen site are pretty blatant. Maybe I'm missing it, but the amp Ceed recommended doesn't seem to have been knocked off from a recognised design. Some manufacturers start by imitating others and move on to genuinely innovate themselves, Behringer are probably the most prominent example of this. 

The point is valid... the one in question does not appear to be a direct knock-off. But being a customer to a company who produce a lot of fake stuff still funds the counterfeiting, whether the product you're buying is actually a counterfeit itself, or not.

I respect the fact that buying stuff at this price level means whatever you buy is going to be Chinese anyway so whether it's from one place or another doesn't really affect what business options there are for British manufacturers. 

After my year of working in the construction industry in China I'm probably a little more opposed to buying that stuff than average. I appreciate we all have a budget to meet and we can't afford to put first rate brands into every gig... but it sadly doesn't make the whole thing any less evil.

8 hours ago, dje said:

But being a customer to a company who produce a lot of fake stuff still funds the counterfeiting, whether the product you're buying is actually a counterfeit itself, or not.

In an ideal world they'd hopefully look at their sales figures and realise there's more money to be had with original designs than blatant knock-offs, but I can understand where you're coming from. 

What really sticks in my throat is when knock-off amps are rebadged and sold with a Union Jack and some waffle about British sound...

• Funny 2

On 10/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, Stuart91 said:

What really sticks in my throat is when knock-off amps are rebadged and sold with a Union Jack and some waffle about British sound...

Oh god I'd almost forgotten... 

• Funny 1