Wall mounted HDMI plates

Biskit

Hi All,

I hate having to resort to posts like this because I know it probably looks like I haven't just searched Google/Amazon/Ebay/CPC etc... but I really have, and am drawing a blank!  Just planning a minor AV install (not a big job but a tight deadline) and part of the spec is two wall-mounted HDMI connections.  Needs to be flush to the surface of a plastered wall (alongside some existing 13A sockets which are already sunk into the wall, so surface-mount will look pretty naff).  Could be two on one plate, or two separate.  What I really want is an HDMI connector on a plate, with solder tags on the back, or even screw terminals, but all I can find are ones with either a short flying lead to another moulded HDMI female, or basically a F-F adaptor mounted so one end is effectively a panel mount connector and the other is hidden inside.  Either type would potentially work...  However... unless I chisel a hole practically the entire thickness of the wall, I'm not going to get enough depth behind the plate for either of these to work.  Help!  Am I missing something really obvious?  I thought this would be the easiest bit of the job, but it's fast turning into the most frustrating!

Any pointers appreciated. Many thanks!

Solder is not common on HDMI, you can do that you describe but use a flying lead one to avoid the big hole, or you can use a cable with a right angle connector to reduce the depth a bit.

You don't have to chisel out the whole box, if you are relatively accurate you can holesaw a hole in the back of the back box, and use a 20/30mm SDS drill just to make a deep-ish hole just behind the connector, then loop the cable back into the box. Not neat but it works.