Line6 XD series - Discontinued?

tomo2607

Hi folks,

We have been using Line 6 XD units for a few years now (school theatre)... We have 6 units and we were hoping to add 4 more to this stock, however a number of our regular suppliers have told us they are discontinued? Line 6 still shows them on their own site, but I have had no reply from them when contacting them directly.

Can anyone confirm this? and if so, what alternatives are out there that operate in a similar way and will work along side our existing stock. 

I appreciate they are not high end units, but they have performed admirably within our requirements.

We've been told a few times recently by suppliers that an item has been discontinued, but upon checking with the manufacturer, what they actually mean is "there are none available and nobody can tell us when (or if) they will become available". The items aren't actually discontinued, but with the chip shortage going on, the manufacturers aren't able to source the correct parts or get realistic timescales on when they might get some*, so aren't currently building the products.

* one product we were using the manufacturer have been quoted a lead time of around six weeks per chip. Not per batch of a thousand - per individual chip. That product line is on hold until it can either be redesigned or the availability of the components changes.

• Like 1

A lot of brands are considering their product lines with the chip shortage.   I see Shure have dropped the glxd range - I wasn’t a fan of them but the guitar packs were popular and I’m seeing huge delays in some active speakers when I tried but more hk linear cabs.    Hopefully it’s not too long before things improve but I suspect it will be like this for a few years.  

• Like 1

I managed to buy 12 back in May, but I was only able to do that from multiple suppliers and buy a mixture of slight variations (pack only/with headset/with lav) so I suspect I got some of the last. Back then Line6 were telling suppliers there would be more stock in September but I'm guessing that's not happened.

I've also drawn a blank on some Trantec lines.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:50 PM, JulesPorter said:

Similar problem to OP. Cant find any vocal beltpacks.   Does anyone know if the line6 Relay beltpacks BP12 can be used with a microphone input rather than an instrument (Both use the same taf4 plug)

Yes according to this page TBP12 is the pack used for XD-V75 and various Relay models.