Best match headset mics for Trantec S5.5

mksound

Hey all, 

Just looking to see what headset mics Trantec users are running with? I have been using the Samson SE10 for a good while and they work well but some of the stronger singers can sound distorted due to an impedance mismatch with the mic and body pack.

I’ll probably go with double ears, preferably with replaceable cables and I’d appreciate any advise or recommendations from other users.

TIA

Kevin.

A lot of the cheaper headsets have very high output levels and the trantec packs do seem to struggle with them. The CPC mics seem ok but most other cheapo chinese sourced headsets (Samson, Micronic, Proel etc.) are just too hot. Best solution I've found is to build a small attenuator circuit in to the 4 pin mini xlr. It's only a couple of resistors. Will see if I can track it down later on today (the circuit was given to me by another Blue Roomer, so they may be along in the meantime with it!). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cedd said:

Best solution I've found is to build a small attenuator circuit in to the 4 pin mini xlr. It's only a couple of resistors. Will see if I can track it down later on today (the circuit was given to me by another Blue Roomer, so they may be along in the meantime with it!). 

This is a generic calculator we’ve spoken about before:

http://www.nu9n.com/tpad-calculator.html

• Like 1

Thanks to Lamplighter! I struggled to find the schematic (that he gave me) and then went to the lake district for a break with my daughter whereupon I totally forgot to follow this up. 

I use the same circuit and it works great for me. 

• 9 months later...