t.amps bridged?

misterbassman

Hey everyone,

I have a t.amp TA2400 and am looking to get another one, to run a pair of subs.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience running these amps bridged into 4ohms, I have managed to mislay my user manual and have found limited info online.

cheers

Dan

On a previous system I had a couple of 2400's running subs - they were 8 ohm cabs, so can't comment on their stability at 4 ohms. They have always been solid amps and I've just got another couple waiting to be installed in a rack. I can parallel a couple of subs up and try it if you like, but it won't be till the weekend. Any good?

paul

On a previous system I had a couple of 2400's running subs - they were 8 ohm cabs, so can't comment on their stability at 4 ohms. They have always been solid amps and I've just got another couple waiting to be installed in a rack. I can parallel a couple of subs up and try it if you like, but it won't be till the weekend. Any good?

paul

That would be good thanks, anybody else with more long term experience?

paul

That would be good thanks, anybody else with more long term experience?

anything in particular you want me to try?

Tell you what, at the moment I have a system set up - what I'll do is double up on the amps with the new ones, and drive the four subs from two amps in bridge mode - The show is a two night dance show, loads of loud thumpy stuff. I'll let you know how it goes on Sunday or Monday.

Right - done! Opened up two new 2400's. wired each one to 3 8 ohm subs in bridge mode. Not scientific, but left the Alan Parsons test disk sending 3rd octave noise to just the subs at two 'clicks' off the red led coming on on the input pots. Left this on from 10am to 3 in the afternoon. awful rumble, but they were grinding in the roof, so noise didn't matter. Case was warm, not worryingly so - no signs of stress. Used them in the same mode for the show this evening playing loud. No even warm this time. Front panel near grill still cold, hardly any heat at the back of the rack.

Not sure this is scientific or controlled enough, but it was a good soak test for the new amps.

paul

Archived