RJ Buxie followspot repair

Barney

Hi all,

I have two Robert Juliet Buxie followspots in a venue, one of which failed to strike just before a dress rehearsal. Managed to get a Foxie to see us through the week, but now need to look at getting the Buxie fixed.

Have tried cross-plugging between the two Buxies, and it seems to be a failure of the ballast (not the lamp, not the fuse). Can anyone recommend a company to look at repairing the ballast? I am based in the Midlands.

Many thanks,
Barney

2 hours ago, Barney said:

Hi all,

I have two Robert Juliet Buxie followspots in a venue, one of which failed to strike just before a dress rehearsal. Managed to get a Foxie to see us through the week, but now need to look at getting the Buxie fixed.

Have tried cross-plugging between the two Buxies, and it seems to be a failure of the ballast (not the lamp, not the fuse). Can anyone recommend a company to look at repairing the ballast? I am based in the Midlands.

Many thanks,
Barney

It would be worth a call to Central Theatre Supplies in Birmingham. They used to sell Robert Juliat followspots and should be able to source spares from Ambersphere. The only issue you might find is stock/availability of spares sadly 😞

Talk to Jo Beaumont-Ward or Ian Roberts at CTS

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 3:32 PM, Kenn said:

Good afternoon Barney, did you manage to get everything repaired (I know it was a while ago). May have some parts lying around if needed. 

Hi Kenn,

No, it's still in the corner waiting to be looked at when we get a few minutes! I want to check that it is indeed the ballast, as things were pretty hectic when we tried to do the initial faultfinding half an hour before the dress!

I was given a contact at White Light to try, but not sure if they would just forward on to Ambersphere?

If you have any parts that may assist, I'd be glad to hear about it - DM me if you can?

Kind regards,
Barney