EVL movers

timmiddleton

hi

was playing at a wedding reception yesterday (string quartet) and the DJ had set up his gear ready for the evening. he had a couple of EVL movers on his LX bar - think they were Minispots

anyone used these or other EVL movers? I've only used martin ones before, but I'd quite like to buy a pair of 250W or similar for general use so I'm looking at other brands as well.

thanks

Tim

I regularly board op in a club in London and they have six on trial...well, it was six but now down to three... they break easily! as far as I'm aware they are the company who used to make the stuff for the big manufacturers (this could be a pile of bull) but decided to manufacture their own... I've used the 250 prospot and I'm quite impressed... does everything I've asked from them (except the broken ones, obviously!) good colours, ok gobos, good movement and even against a couple of mac 2000's the cut through nicely!

hope this helps

Steve

Hi Tim,

EVL was born out of what used to be Mad Lighting (and later Mad Manufacturing).

The EVL equipment is imported from China (I think, definately Asia) and is as good as anything else from there. The thing with EVL is that they are generally very helpful - see member 'Fish' who is very good and knows his stuff. They've been doing lights for more than 5 minutes which is more than can be said for some others importing from the far east which, in my opinion, counts for something.

I've had to program the equipment several times and its quite bright and has good colours. Have to say though at this point the fixtures are generally brand new so as far as reliability goes, I'm probably not the best person to comment.

Hope this helps...

You can buy with confidence to EVL if you are looking for a great fixture and at the same time cost effective. In my point of you I disagree with the last quote where it says that "is as good as anything else from there". Today there are many chinese manufacturers that dont come close to that quality and you easily tell by the bright or the jerky move of some of those fixtures.

EVL would be my choice if my scope its between Geni, Acme or PR for example.

Regards

steve you been working down koko's?

I spent quite a bit of time down there in the last couple of weeks. might have bumped into you.

I didnt know they were down to 3, I'll call the LD later. in defence of the heads tho, I heard that 1 was kicked off stage by an over enthusiastic front man, and the other was stamped on. they need installing properly, and not just perched up on the speaker stacks.

I saw the one that was kicked, and no unit would have took that imact. it must have fell 4 ft. yeah the case was smashed up, but the electronics still work, and the lamp is still intact and strikes.

tim, if you want a demo I can arrange it.

Archived