Old Analogue dimmer equipment

Ian_P

After a long piecemeal upgrade to the dimming equipment at my venue, I have alot of old analogue kit to dispose of.

Qty 3 6channel dimmers - Brand PCD - 0-10v control and twin IEC outlets per channel. Made for me by Pete Dunsfold Electronics back in the dim & distant past. one channel triac blown.

3channel non-brand dimmer - analogue control

S72 Strand DMX to analogue convertor

1 home build D25 plugs to Zero88 analogue plugs patch panel (DMX convertor is D25 plugs - dimmers are zero88 type)

2 Zero88 3channel dimmers - once analogue, one DMX but can't be addressed above channel 28.

Siruis 24 Control desk - analogue only.

Fat Frog Desk - all working - but about to be decommisioned. I got fed up with floppy disks!

The thing is - all this kit seems unwanted when I watch similar auctions - so I am tempted to tip the lot - (except the Fat Frog) 

Is there an alternative to skipping all this stuff? I really need the space back.

21 hours ago, Ian_P said:

After a long piecemeal upgrade to the dimming equipment at my venue, I have alot of old analogue kit to dispose of.

Qty 3 6channel dimmers - Brand PCD - 0-10v control and twin IEC outlets per channel. Made for me by Pete Dunsfold Electronics back in the dim & distant past. one channel triac blown.

3channel non-brand dimmer - analogue control

S72 Strand DMX to analogue convertor

1 home build D25 plugs to Zero88 analogue plugs patch panel (DMX convertor is D25 plugs - dimmers are zero88 type)

2 Zero88 3channel dimmers - once analogue, one DMX but can't be addressed above channel 28.

Siruis 24 Control desk - analogue only.

Fat Frog Desk - all working - but about to be decommisioned. I got fed up with floppy disks!

The thing is - all this kit seems unwanted when I watch similar auctions - so I am tempted to tip the lot - (except the Fat Frog) 

Is there an alternative to skipping all this stuff? I really need the space back.

Hi Ian - @kgallen is correct - as things are starting to start up after the last two years of hell, folks are getting in touch with me again for spares to do those repair jobs they were about to do in April 2020 :P

If the alternative is going in a skip then I'd be more than happy to take the Alphapacks, Sirius & S72 off your hands to use for spares & loan/slave kit - I could also make use of parts from the Fat Frog too (there are many still in use & cherished but some of the parts that break aren't available from Zero anymore).

I'll send you a PM to start a conversation and see if we can sort something out :)

16 hours ago, kgallen said:

If @ianknight doesn't see this thread, it's worth pinging him. He's in Coventry and will probably be interested in the Zero88 kit if nothing else.

So very true Kevin - it appears I'm about the only person left in the UK carrying spares for some of this kit. I'll reach out to Ian... 😄

• Like 1

It just might be worth you guys cooperating and if there is storage space setting up an "analogue graveyard." Dai Steam , whom I knew 45 years back, became famous and his legacy still reverberates around the world just by having the space to store hundreds of scrapped locomotives. 

I know that when our local marquee company folded there were half a dozen LX consoles and loads of fixtures disappear that were still working and could have supplied parts.

@kerry davies indeed - a sound idea.

I've reached out Ian & I'm going to take some of the stuff off his hands so there will be working loan/slave desks around as well as an additional source of spares. It sounds as though Ian has roots in amateur theatre like I do - so karma or serendipity is working 😄