Sanyo PLC-XU305 Projector

manos

That unit is a fairly old LCD projector. They never did red particularly well even when new. There's not a lot of red light in the discharge lamp to begin with, and LCDs never give as good colour reproduction as DLPs.

Unless - you're getting absolutely zero red (the image would look a sickly cyan type colour)? This would indicate that you've got a faulty vga cable or input or output, or some processing fault on the projector.

22 hours ago, manos said:

the lamp was okay befora the WARNING RED LED LIGHT, NO POWER ON THE LAMP EVEN WITH NEW ONE, YOU THINK MAYBE THE SWITCHING REGULATOR IC NEEDS REPLACEMENT??

It could be any of many issues, but if I had to guess why a lamp based projector had just stopped working I'd usually go for the lamp first. Coupled with the strange colour shift before the fault I would doubly suspect the lamp.

I would reiterate that this unit is quite an old projector, you may find yourself throwing money at it fixing it when a newer model would be more reliable and better quality.

Also - please stop SHOUTING? We're just other humans on the internet.

23 hours ago, manos said:

the lamp was okay befora the WARNING RED LED LIGHT, NO POWER ON THE LAMP EVEN WITH NEW ONE,

If you've tried a new lamp, and the projector still isn't working, I'd say it's a write-off at this point. According to ProjectorCentral this model was discontinued over ten years ago, so any replacement components etc. will be increasingly hard to come by. Sanyo's projector operation merged into Panasonic so there's not even a first point of contact for service. 

A brand new Epson machine with similar specs and a full warranty is retailing for £425 so throwing any money at a repair seems like a false economy to me. 

• Upvote 2