Fat Frog48 creating a fixture file

Laure nce

I ve had a  fat frog for a coiple of years for a annual panto production using analogue and led lights. ive upgraded it to latest firmware and added a HDDD emulator.

I now want to try and control a led movinh head light. I have downloaded the fixture wizard and built asimple .ift file to try, BUT how do I get it into the fat frog as it only loads CFT file.

Can someone pleae give me a step by step guide to loading Fixture files.

It's been a while but if memory serves... You need to edit the CFT file by removing a definition you don't need & adding the definition you do need.

I can't remember though whether the fixture editor can do that or if it's a separate utility @Edward- Z88 will be along in a minute with a definitive answer I'm sure.

It might also be worth asking the question here too -  Zero88 Support Forum - someone else might have the answer too :)

Hi @Laure nce

1 hour ago, Laure nce said:

I now want to try and control a led movinh head light. I have downloaded the fixture wizard and built asimple .ift file to try, BUT how do I get it into the fat frog as it only loads CFT file.

Can someone pleae give me a step by step guide to loading Fixture files.

"CFT" files can be created to build a small library of fixtures that is stored on the Fat Frog. This is done using the Common Fixture Manager software, not the Fixture Type Editor.

To load in an individual .ift file that is not included in your small CFT library, please see page 55 of the PDF manual...

https://zero88.com/storage/downloads/24230203-252a-4a5a-b578-43c498bd6721/Frog-Range-Manual.pdf

For more Frog information, please see the link below...

https://zero88.com/control/frog

I hope this helps.

Edward

You don’t need to change the CFT.

When you go to patch the fixture, when you’re selecting it, scroll down to ‘Load from floppy’ then select the IFT file.

The CFT is for the 20 different fixture types you want permanently stored on the desk from a hard reset. You can load as many other fixtures as you need from floppy when creating a show (to the limits of the number of intelligent fixtures supported on the particular variant of the Frog range you have).

Edited by kgallen

19 hours ago, kgallen said:

You don’t need to change the CFT.

When you go to patch the fixture, when you’re selecting it, scroll down to ‘Load from floppy’ then select the IFT file.

The CFT is for the 20 different fixture types you want permanently stored on the desk from a hard reset. You can load as many other fixtures as you need from floppy when creating a show (to the limits of the number of intelligent fixtures supported on the particular variant of the Frog range you have).

I did say "It's been a while but if memory serves... " - more than happy for more recent (& frequent) users to tell me better especially @kgallen  - it is about 17 years since I last used a Frog "in anger" or showed someone how to use one :)

...and no - I'm not sure I wouldn't fall of a bike these days either *laughs*