Rotate Effect for Clay Paky fixtures?

aart

Hi all,

Like most fixtures Clay Paky offers the posibility for continues rotation or rotation index for rotating gobos, prismas and effect wheels. Personally I prefer to rotate these wheels with a ramp effect rather then the build-in continues rotate speed to have a better control. The effect indexes the wheel from 0 to 360º in the effect time and then snaps back to 0 degrees for the next cicle. This works fine for eg. Robe fixtures, but some brands fixtures rotate the gobo or prisma back at max speed when I snap from 360 to 0º. (even tough the position is the same). In a few weeks I´ll be at a festival with Clay Paky Mythos and Sharpys. (the last one does not have rotating gobo´s, but does have rotating prisma) Unfortunately I don´t have a fixture available to test what happens if I se the gobo position at 33% (rotation 360º) and then snap to 0%. Does anybody know (or have the oportunity to try) if the gobo will rotate back of if it will hold position in this case?

Thanks for your attention,

Aart