Is there any issue in using 2 X 55inch LED TV's for small video setup via Resolume.

Uriahdemon

Hi,

I have a decent lighting package and was looking at adding some video (I have posted related threads on here) just to add to the overall production value.

I am looking at and getting acquainted with Resolume Arena.

Does anyone see any issues with outputting this via ethernet to compatible LED TV screens....??

It is for small to medium size venues.

Thanks very much in advance.

Edited by Uriahdemon

Well you wouldn’t normally do it via Ethernet… you could do NDI but you’ll need to get a couple of NDI decoders such as Magewell or Birddog ones to accept the NDI feed and output HDMI

why do you want to do Ethernet? How far away from the TV’s will your computer be? You’d normally run HDMI or DisplayPort from your graphics card into the TVs. Do you want to show the same content on both displays or have them independent?

Edited by david.elsbury

34 minutes ago, david.elsbury said:

Well you wouldn’t normally do it via Ethernet… you could do NDI but you’ll need to get a couple of NDI decoders such as Magewell or Birddog ones to accept the NDI feed and output HDMI

why do you want to do Ethernet? How far away from the TV’s will your computer be? You’d normally run HDMI or DisplayPort from your graphics card into the TVs. Do you want to show the same content on both displays or have them independent?

Thanks David,  I am just looking for the best, most cost effective and easiest set up.  I was thinking ethernet given I am going to trigger the video via my lighting desk so configuring a universe to do that and the output would be on ethernet. Happy to output to HDMI if there is a way of doing that from Ethernet but not sure at this stage if that is possible.  My computer and lighting desk may be at a distance of 20 to 30m away from the screens.  I was thinking of the same content on both displays.

Just learning about the art of the possible right now as I would like to understand if this will work before buying equipment and licenses etc.  Thanks for your input

For that distance, if you output HDMI, you can convert to HDMI over CAT5/6 so you can use inexpensive cable to run the 20/30m. One variant is HDBaseT, which can run over an IP based network. It sort of 'piggy-backs' on an IP network rather than something a PC can read/write natively.

Be careful if looking for adaptors, many cheap so-called HDBaseT adaptors are actually only HDMI over Cat5/6 and can only be used with direct copper to copper connections and not over active network components (which are perfectly fine if that's all you need) - the kind of no-name devices you find on auction sites and that jungle based online shop..... often exagerated list of features.

Edited by sleah