X Air firmware release

richardash1981

I noticed today that the product page for the Behringer XR12 mixer has firmware V1.18 listed (but no details at all about what it might do!). After some messing I found that the Behringer Download Center has the same thing - both V1.17 and V1.18 firmware are available (dated 2018-04-24 and 2021-10-13 respectively). However there is only a release note for V1.17 available to download! Needless to say I won't be upgrading until I can find out what the update might do.

Does anyone have any information about what the changes in this new firmware release (after over three years!) might be?

• Upvote 1

Behringer generally bundles release notes inside the downloadable zip file containing the firmware, and it looks like this time is no different:

1.18 (2021-10-01)
  improvements:
  - Fixed memory issue with long up-times of remote connection
  - Improved resilience against incorrect OSC meter requests

----

(Edit to add:) There's also this discussion thread on the Music Tribe community forums...

...which seems to mention an additional improvement that might be contained within the latest firmware release? (It might even have been the impetus for a new release after three and a half years.)

Edited by mnorwood
Found more to mention