Basic lighting and sound hire in Portsmouth

Barney

Hi BR,

I've been asked by a friend to help out with some basic lighting and sound for a performance in Portsmouth on Saturday 14th August.

Not a lot of detail at the moment, but it involves some simple lighting of singers in windows (probably 6) - the audience will be outside. Kick-off is about 7pm, finishing around 9pm, so will hopefully still be light - it just needs something like LED tape around the inside of the window frames. DMX control would be useful to highlight particular windows at certain times.

Sound is a bit more complicated and I'm waiting to hear what is required. I would guess a handheld mic for each window, plus maybe a couple of rifle mics for any chorus members outside the building (TBC). A floating radio mic might be helpful too. A couple of speakers on stands outside.

I have all the lighting kit, but it's a bit too far away to be practicable for me and I would need to hire the sound equipment anyway.

Does anyone have experience and can recommend a company (or individual) that is local to Portsmouth area that would be able to assist? Budget is (I'm told) about £500 all in, but preferably less ;)

Thanks in advance,

Barney