Convert Furse JFR to LED

Ian_P

All,

I don't post here often, but do view, and I thought I'd ask the collective thoughts of the Blue Room.

We are converting a room in our local village hall theatre from a general 'corridor' and storage area into a multiple purpose room, and a coffee / tea bar.

Lighting will be upgraded from LED battens to add a number of hanging shades for more mood lighting. I'd also like to reuse a number of Furse JFR and Patt lanterns to provide a bit of highlighting. I'd like to convert these to LED, no need to dim, is there a good option out there for a new base arrangement to support an LED source? Has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Haven't done anything similar but to keep it simple, unless you need them to have adjustable focus, or anywhere near their original brightness (and thus want to faff around with cooling etc), I think I'd find a brass Bayonet Cap lampholder and get an ordinary 15W+ LED lamp in your chosen colour temperature. Easy to try out and see what you think. Other potential easy option is to insert a small LED floodlight within, could be mounted just on some all purpose fixing band. The advantage of something like a big old fresnel is there's plenty of space inside. The caveat is they may have asbestos in their construction; take care.