New LED video wall installation problems

thomasjones

Hi,

I commissioned an install of a new LED video wall at our venue, which was completed yesterday. I'm just looking for some advice from people who know better than me about LED than me regarding a couple of issues I've experienced:

One of the modules in the bottom right shows a slightly different white to the rest of them.

The rightmost 2 cabinets are about 1mm lower than the rest, meaning they're not level and you can see the join when the wall is viewed at any angle other than directly straight on.

I haven't yet signed off on the work and I've raised the module uniformity issue with the company. Is the alignment issue also important? My understanding was that there should be no misalignment between the cabinets and they should be exactly level so that the surface appears as one unit.

Thanks!

The colour difference is probably just a calibration issue. Any installer with half a clue should be able to sort that via the software.

I would expect installed panels to all be aligned properly.

Cheers,

Peter

My understanding was that there should be no misalignment between the cabinets and they should be exactly level so that the surface appears as one unit.

That doesn't seem unreasonable.

Ultimately, what does the contract / quote say? If they've agreed to provide, say, "4x2m video wall" you have a far stronger argument than if it just said "8 of 1x1m LED panels".

I think from a repetitional / customer service perspective the company would want to correct it, rather than be left with an unhappy punter. However, your location might mean a little reluctance, I'm guessing the company will be from the mainland so significant costs involved in a service call.