Symetrix Symnet Radius 12x8 Issues

The JC

Hi everyone,

I have a Symetrix Symnet Radius 12x8 which is behaving very oddly since we powered it on after some months. The top row of LEDs on the front of the unit are rapidly cycling on in a sort of fanning motion (Starting at the centre and then pulsing outwards). At first I thought this was just part of the startup sequence, but it continues to do this after 30 minutes of being on. The Composer software is saying that it is unmuted and has found its IP address etc, but I have no sound output and it's not registering inputs [The exact same ones that it was working fine with before we powered it off!].

Does anybody know what could be causing it, and also what the erratic flashing LEDs denote?

Thank you!

Speaking as someone who helps maintain a system with a Symetrix Radius 12x8 EX, what you're describing sounds familiar - I've seen something similar happen post-firmware update (although I can't remember if it's all the LEDs that chase in this case, or just the top row). In this case it's perfectly normal - the firmware update process wipes the current Site File - and the corrective action is to reapply the Site File from backup.

If no-one has performed (or will admit to performing) a firmware upgrade (and if I'm correct that the flashing indicates a missing/unusable Site File), then it is possible Stuart may be correct: the Site File may have got corrupted somehow and thus the device thinks it doesn't have one.

You could check the state of the Site File by "Pull"ing the file from the device via Composer, then "Open"ing the block representing the device itself and seeing if it shows any internal routing.

Failing that, you might get some success asking on the Symetrix community forums - https://forum.symetrix.co/ (And be specific about whether you have a "12x8", "12x8 EX", or a "12x8 NX")

(And If it turns out it *is* a failed battery, please do tell us as it means I might need to check the unit I have access to...)