general safety courses

hi

my school is looking to take on a theatre technician next year and I'm first in line for the job as I'm just doing my A-levels now.

anyway, they ideally want someone who can take responsibility for making sure the student techs are doing things safely. I was talking to my deputy head today and he isnt sure what qualifications are available that would give a good indication of someone's reliability in this field.

are there any crash courses I should be going on to make sure I'm well informed on all health and safety aspects of putting on school shows?

thanks

Tim

A mobile tower scaffolding course is a must if you got one and want to use it in a school. My school (like u I just left and am being hired part time to come back for productions) are paying to send me on one in a couple of weeks. Contact your council or better still get ur school to then you get a free place, I'm also getting a free lunch on the course!!

Archived