Radio mic rack pre wiring thoughts

cedd

I've got to say I've never had a single issue with 2.4GHz, but I'm also very careful about antenna placement and don't often use them as the primary mic on principal characters. The Line6 stuff is very resilient but has to be in the correct (older) mode. Out of the box the newer generation is in the other mode that does have issues. Once this is sorted they are perfectly usable. I tend to use them as double mics on principals so my main and standby are using very different frequencies.

I've also got to say, that sound superb! No companding. The audio coming out of them is as good as using the mic wired as far as I can hear.

On the flip side, the Line 6 kit doesn't play particularly well with other users in the 2.4GHz band:

I've had wireless iPad control of a desk knocked out by a guitarist's belt pack system.

A bunch of systems couldn't be run in a college because some of the installed lighting relied on 2.4GHz and couldn't work alongside them.

And some time ago had to rush some Ch38 systems to a corporate event where Line 6 systems were preventing their voting keypads from working.

Some of this could be mitigated by moving other services onto 5GHz or using better routers/base stations, but there's still plenty of potential problems.