Zoom into OBS audio sync

richard

Hello

I'm needing to stream a zoom call to youtube (ideally via OBS as we need to do some things that the direct zoom stream wouldn't allow), I have tried this with window capture however I'm having issues with the video being out of sync. I can do it via a display capture but this is a bit ugly with the mouse etc. I've also tried with NDI and seem to need a 700ms delay on the audio but need to check if this is consistent

Have people found a "best way" to do this? I am on a mac..

Richard

I do it for our church service using window capture into OBS, works fine (on PC) - how out of sync is it and which way? You can put an audio delay into zoom advanced audio settings if that would fix it.

The only problem I have is that the receiving Zoom sometimes pauses slightly - then it catches up later by missing some bits out. This is very noticeable during music playback, you can't tell during speech. But it allows playing a pre-roll video onto youtube while people chat privately on the zoom call before the event, which you can't do using a direct zoom stream to youtube. However the direct stream does not have the dropout problems.

I tried NDI from Zoom on a different computer but the audio/video sync is not consistent - it can go really badly out over time (several seconds). So I gave up on that.

Hello

Thanks - I'm on mac and seem to be finding the audio sync with window capture is very variable which is annoying. I may try on windows at some point.

Interesting re. the dropped bits - we were speech so wouldn't have spotted that

Richard

The window capture on Windows OBS is handled directly by the Windows graphics driver so it could well behave differently than on Mac. Certainly it always seems very solid to me, you can even hide the Zoom window behind other windows and the capture keeps working.