Murder on the Orient Express 2017 Set

Dj Dunc

Hi All

Had an interesting job coming up today. A customer of mine has contacted me about modifying the lighting on the original set piece steam train used in the film Murder on the Orient Express (2017) so that it can be used on a more permanent basis as part of a visitor centre / cafe style business.

Currently the two smaller headlights on the front of the loco are using CP62 lamps which I'm proposing to replace with a similarly fresnelled 7" oscar cibie style headlight to run a 12V LED unit in, however the main light in the end of the boiler tube (approx 15" in diameter" is completely missing. I'm wondering if something Arri TV light esque would be suitable. My customers are keen to modify the original carriage lamps from a T18 500w lamp to something more palatable like an SES based LED, so I'm looking to source some decent dimmable LED replacements that will give off a similar colour temperature. I'll take anyones thoughts / opinions gladly.

Does anyone have any knowledge or contacts for the original set builders or electricians, just to further my curiousity?

many thanks in advance

Duncan

• 4 weeks later...