Check Your Batteries!

IRW

So my Strand 300 has been sat out on a corner of my desk for the last year or so, since I was last playing with connecting fader wings up to a computer. As part of a bit of desktop redevelopment that I'm currently doing, I decided the time has come to put it back into hibernation in it's flightcase, but thought I'd check the motherboard battery before it goes away for the next X months/years...http://www.irwdesign.com/br/IMG_1286.JPG

Caught just in time methinks!

So my Strand 300 has been sat out on a corner of my desk for the last year or so, since I was last playing with connecting fader wings up to a computer. As part of a bit of desktop redevelopment that I'm currently doing, I decided the time has come to put it back into hibernation in it's flightcase, but thought I'd check the motherboard battery before it goes away for the next X months/years...http://www.irwdesign.com/br/IMG_1286.JPG

With a very sharp pair of side cutters, cut out the battery, leaving as much of the pins visible above the PCB.

If there are any chemical deposits on the PCB, carefully wipe off with a damp cloth.

Very carefully solder wires about 15cm long to the pins and to a new battery

Put the new battery in a small plastic bag and tie to a suitable strong point on the wall of the metal box.

Problem solved.

I have done this to the four 300 Series that I own!!!!

Good Luck, Alan.

So my Strand 300 has been sat out on a corner of my desk for the last year or so, since I was last playing with connecting fader wings up to a computer. As part of a bit of desktop redevelopment that I'm currently doing, I decided the time has come to put it back into hibernation in it's flightcase, but thought I'd check the motherboard battery before it goes away for the next X months/years...

With a very sharp pair of side cutters, cut out the battery, leaving as much of the pins visible above the PCB.

If there are any chemical deposits on the PCB, carefully wipe off with a damp cloth.

Very carefully solder wires about 15cm long to the pins and to a new battery

Put the new battery in a small plastic bag and tie to a suitable strong point on the wall of the metal box.

Problem solved.

I have done this to the four 300 Series that I own!!!!

Good Luck, Alan.

Thanks Alan, not the first time I've had to do deal with this though (albeit first time for this particular processor, no idea why I didn't do it when I got this one!), but good reference for anyone else who comes across this! ;)

Edited to add:

Zero88 Demux owners, this means you as well! busted_cop.gif

Edited by IRW