Touchscreen recommendations

Snailtrail

Hi Folks, I'm looking at purchasing a touchscreen to run a small laptop setup to run either Titan 1 or Chamsys software. Looking at the many different options available, it all looks a bit confusing to me. Does anyone have any current product recommendations? The last thread I could find on the subject was from 2012 so I'm guessing things have moved on somewhat since then.

Thanks in advance, Sam

Hi Folks, I'm looking at purchasing a touchscreen to run a small laptop setup to run either Titan 1 or Chamsys software. Looking at the many different options available, it all looks a bit confusing to me. Does anyone have any current product recommendations? The last thread I could find on the subject was from 2012 so I'm guessing things have moved on somewhat since then.

Thanks in advance, Sam

I've just bought a Dell 24 Touch Monitor: P2418HT, for exactly this purpose, to replace a venerable IIyama touchscreen. It was recommended on a Jands Vista forum.

I have to say I'm very impressed, it's multi touch capable and very responsive. Plug and play on a windows 10 PC.

Lists about £300, but shopping around I think I paid about £240.

I like the look of the mounting system

I bought a VSG Fixed metal mount for touchscreens, POS, and PC monitors / 10–22 inches/Adjustable/Solid metal/Heavy product weight/VESA 100 & 75 / Table mount/Display stands from Amazon to mount on the monitor. It is a heavy base, and folds almost flat behind the screen which makes it great for fitting inside a Peli case for transit.

Thanks guys. I've gone for the Dell out of the two as I like the look of the mounting system (that was one I had looked at already). Looking forward to teaching myself lighting desks during my down time...

If you are learning Avo, they are doing a lot of free online training seminars, see their website.