Jands Event 36/72 battery

ABlackmore

Hi all,

A friend has contacted me about their old Jands Event 36/72 playing up - sounds like the usual 'overdue a replacement battery' problems. Problem is for the life of me I can't remember what battery they take. I recall it's one of the old soldered in jobs but the specific battery in question evades me and doesn't seem to be stated in the documentation I was able to dig up.

I'm not local to them so wanted to get them to order in a replacement before I make the trip to fit it, but they're a bit reticent to open it up and check for fear of messing things up.

I don't suppose anyone can recall off the top of their heads?

In Perth, Western Australia it is Jaycar SB1760 CR-2430 3V PCB Mount Lithium Battery , there will be a local version for you. You can cut the old battery terminals off, desolder the pins, then solder in the new one. There is a smaller version as well. Main thing is the three pins for a horizontal mount.