SOLT and UK Theatre venues to shut

Dicky

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention specifics here due to my contract, but the (not insignificant) production company I have been working for has literally just pulled all of the spring tours currently out with immediate effect. Many of us have been doing load ins today, and we're now going to be doing the get out tomorrow!

My son works for a large and expensive holiday centre - after breakfast today, the guests are going home and the entertainers, crew and musicians are going too. They don't know anything more than that. The big trouble in our industry is that most of the younger folk live on credit, and while I can live from savings/early pension payouts etc, they just can't. The Theatre Royal in Norwich heard the Prime Minister, and with the audience in the building - decided to close there and then!

People are in the main behavinging ethically - but at what point do we all start to behave less than ideally? Makes all those disaster movies much more real. In the 80s and 90s I was involved with Civil Defence - and the way the populace behave in stressful circumstances I relly though was hyped up and unreal, but what is happening is exactly what we were taught - it's what happens next that worries me. When the less ethically/morally dveloped people cannot get what they want. Crime will almost certainly rise, and worse, people might start taking very serious chances.

Blow the toilet rolls, I think security might be something to take a bit more seriously.

Crime will almost certainly rise, and worse, people might start taking very serious chances.

Blow the toilet rolls, I think security might be something to take a bit more seriously.

Very true. The usual issues with scrap thieves etc. will only get worse if any sources of legitimate income dry up, and police are stretched.