Grand MA & Madrix

KnightFox

I am wondering..

I will have a few Martin MH10s..

I want to be able to control the Pan & Tilt and Beam on the Fixture from MA, but have the LED Ring controlled on Madrix.

MA & Madrix will linked for MA-Net already because there will be 80 odd Spectron Battens on Madrix already.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how please?

Have tried reading the manual and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

My last resort will be to ring Madrix.

Would a sophisticated DMX merge work. IIRC the Pathport products will allow you to patch multiple universes on a channel by channel basis. So you would have a universe of Madrix and a universe of MA both feeding into Pathport nodes then a third node feeding the MH10s. You could then patch the MA channels to the pan/tilt etc and the Madrix channels to the LED rings.

Either an external merge, or doing it inside the MA, since you're already MA-Net'ing it up.

If you park the DMX channel at zero within MA and setup an external DMX input (can be done hardware or artnet/sACN etc...) Then set that universe to merge with the universe they're patched on. Just make sure the channels line up from what you're sending to the MA, and what addresses the rings are within their fixture profile.

If you had lots of fixtures you wanted to do this on (or have a very parameter heavy show) then going external would probably be better, as it reduces workload on the console and system complexity, but if it's not too many then doing it internally should be fine.

All sorted, I'm Using Madrix Luna 4 & 16.

Using the Madrix as main control and masking only the first 21 channels back to the Desk.

It took me a fair few hours playing with Madrix but have got it all working.

Thank you for the response.