Robe Colourspot Errors

Chrispackham1991

Hi All,

I have been trying to nurse some robe 700’s back to health and I have an error that I don’t quite understand.

The error shows up as short power error. Which the manual lists as the fixture briefly disconnecting from the power.

I’ve checked circuit integrity and all seems fine, the unit behaves correctly and the error clears upon striking the lamp. However reappears if I reboot the fixture. I’m unclear as to what sensor creates the fault and how to reset or repair.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris.

I haven't worked on the 700s, and don't recall this error on the Spot 600s that I have worked a lot on. I have had issues with very well hidden intermittent power in connections on a range of fixtures, often manifesting themselves as a lamp dowsing for no reason. Does the error happen after startup with the lamp not set to auto-ON? I'd try to work out if the lamp striking is creating a condition that throws up the error or if the problem is confined to the normal activity of the PSU. Could be a number of things beyond a simple power inlet connection problem. My guess is that the Spot 700s use a Schiederwerk PSU and they can be complex and somewhat inscrutable.

Edit to add: It may be worth quickly verifying that the issue is not with the main board by swapping it out. It's often easier than wrestling a PSU out.

Edited by indyld