S4 Shutter Plates / Assemblies

Stu

Hello All.

Could someone tell me if there was a change in the S4 shutter assemblies from one mid plate to two. We own both original 575 and new 750 S4s and I just want to confirm the old 575s only have one mid plate in the assemblies as opposed to the new ones having 2?

I very much doubt these have been lost, but just making sure. Is there any advantage of adding an extra plate to the 575s? Obviously then you gain the advantage of being able to overlap one set of shutters.

Does anyone have the original exploded diagrams for the S4 575s? The ETC site has them for the newer ones (Sept 2004 to Present). And if anyone has SL exploded diagrams to, that'd be helpful!

Cheers

Stu

I've just dug out my 1997 CE Source 4 User Manual, and the exploded drawings in it don't include a detail of the shutter assembly or a list of components (unlike the much more detailed information on the website).

so, short of going down to my store and taking one apart to have a look(which despite their age, I know hasn't happened - they've only been used for a couple of months so they are as from factory), I don't know where to find the information you're after. sorry!

Archived