A&H PA20

SceneMaster

Hi,

I am a lx at heart but how many aux and mon sends does the A&H PA20. I presume I use aux sends for driving monitors. I need about 4 different mixes to send back to the stage well front of church.

What do people think about the PA20?

Ok I have looked at the spec again and it has 4 aux sends. Two pre fade which I presume are fine for monitors and two post fade. Would I be able to use these as mon sends as well? Does it have any mon sends?

I am not a noise boy so excuse the stupid question but I presume pre fade means that the channel control has no control over it and post fade means it does?

Thanks,

Moderation: Two posts merged. Please use the edit button if your post is still the last on a topic!

not quite. pre fade sends are usually for monitors - the pre fade tag is to do with the channel fader, not master. So, dropping the level of the guitar from the audiences perspective, leaves it at the aux set level in the mons - just what you want. Pretty vital on vox mics, as the talent can go one,two and hear it in their speaker, without the audience hearing it, before you shove it up. post fade sends are for effects - if you are sending some to a reverb, for example, as you fade the volume down, you want the reverb to drop at the same time, so the send is after the fader.

You can use them for monitors, but if the singer moves off mic, and you push the fader, the monitor gets louder too and may feedback.

Hope this makes sense

Hi,

The PA20 is a nice desk for smallish PAs; we have had one for a while now and have been perfectly happy with it, on board effects are pretty good and build quality is as you would expect from an A&H desk.

The two pre-fade auxs on the board (labelled as FB1 and FB2) are intended for monitors and the masters for them and the onboard FX master are on 100mm faders which is a nice touch and much simpler for mixing than rotary pots!

Probably not the ideal choice for a 4-way monitor mix though sadly...

S

Archived